Friday, August 28, 2009

Kiwi Camera Service



I shoot Nikon and I'm not impressed with Nikon Professional Services. Since I've been a member, I've tried to contact a regional rep to introduce myself. Never got a call back. As an NPS member, you get expedited repairs (which aren't all that expedited) and access to loaner equipment while you wait on your repair. Since I haven't talked to a rep, I don't have access to the loaner equipment. Great camera gear, lousy customer service. Companies can take a lesson from Apple as far as repairs are concerned. I sent a laptop to Apple this past monday that needed a new screen. I received it 3 days later by Priority Fedex. They paid for the shipping both ways.
I'm lucky I have the wizard of camera repair right here in central Florida. Michael Livera of Kiwi Camera Service has saved me more than a couple of times by repairing gear, usually within a day. I had a problem with a D3 this week-Michael had the part overnighted from Nikon and had the camera repaired the next day. If I had sent it to NPS, 2-3 weeks. He's a great guy and he has my gratitude for all his help. Call Michael when you need a repair and visit his shop. It's a roadside museum of photographic parts from the last century. (321) 303-2757
Michael is shot with my newly repaired D3 and a 50mm 1.8 Nikkor in available light.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Congratulations! Your readers have submitted and voted for your blog at The Daily Reviewer. We compiled an exclusive list of the Top 100 Photography Blogs, and we are glad to let you know that your blog was included! You can see it at http://thedailyreviewer.com/top/photography/9

    You can claim your Top 100 Blogs Award here

    P.S. This is a one-time notice to let you know your blog was included in one of our Top 100 Blog categories. You might get notices if you are listed in two or more categories.

    P.P.S. If for some reason you want your blog removed from our list, just send an email to angelina@thedailyreviewer.com with the subject line "REMOVE" and the link to your blog in the body of the message.

    Cheers!

    Angelina Mizaki
    Selection Committee President
    The Daily Reviewer
    http://thedailyreviewer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was there the day this was shot! Michael is a great guy, and absolute wizard who was able to help me with Pentax mount Tamron 300mm F/2.8 I thought I was going to get shafted sending it off to tamron. Michael had me up and running within a half hour.

    I'll be by this weekend to get my K20D overhauled. Great review!

    ReplyDelete